Friday, April 4, 2008

More Fun and Free Clinics for Kids

Back in February, I had told you about the Lowe's Build and Grow Workshops. You can read that post here. Now I'd like to share another one - Home Depot's Free Kid's Workshops. (Enter your zip code then click on the Kid's Workshop. You may need to change the month at the top. Mine was defaulted to March.)

The Home Depot workshops are designed for kids ages 5-12. I still take my 4 year old. He LOVES them. He always been into building and fixing things. These workshops are offered on the first Saturday of each month between 9 a.m. and noon.
Upcoming Clinics:
Planter Box - Saturday, April 5 9-noon
Flower Pencil Holder - Saturday May 3 9-noon

UPDATE: We attended our first Home Depot Kid's workshop. They had a bigger area dedicated to the workshop than what Lowe's does. The nails are easier for the kids to hammer as well. (TIP - use the floor for support, not the table.) The staff wasn't as hand's on and interactive though. Here's a picture of the loot that we got after we made our Planter Box (apron, Home Depot apron, pin with the planter on it and a certificate). Note: The Planter Box will be converted to a toolbox. We are going to drill a hole on each end and add a rope handle. I am working on printing on a card with my son's name on it to replace the planting instructions that are currently in the plastic insert.


Also, for those of you that might be concerned with the age. At the Home Depot that I went to, most of the kids were probably under the age of 5. I did notice on the sign in sheet that there were 3 and 4 year olds.

6 comments:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I love this! We used to always go when we lived in Beavercreek. We have yet to make it to our Home Depot here in town.

Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com said...

Do you mind if I use this for my Super Saturday Savings article this week? Obviously, I will link back to you as a reference, so they can read up on it at your site.

Niki Jolene said...

What a great tip!

My son is just shy of 3 but we'll keep that in mind for when he gets a lil bigger.

:)

mom_of2boys said...

Andrea,
I'm headed to the Beavercreek store tomorrow morning...not sure if before or after we tackle the Ant Farm at Lowe's.

Carrie,
Not a problem at all.

Niki,
I would keep an eye out on them. A few that I have seen would be perfect. You or dad might have to hammer it together for him but he would love to play wit them. My son loved the goofy golf two weeks ago. Perfect size for a little one. We use it as table golf.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Fill me in on the ant farm?? Is that another monthly activity?

mom_of2boys said...

The Ant farm is at Lowe's. Lowe's has a Build and Grow workshop every other Saturday. This week is an ant farm. You can read the post here...
http://myservicetoyou.blogspot.com/2008/02/fun-and-free-clinics-for-kids.html

It'll be a free start to our weekend.