Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fun and Free Clinics for Kids!

UPDATED: The photo below are a picture of two of the projects my 4 year old made at the Lowe's Build and Grow Clinic. It's pictured with the Lowe's apron and goggles that each participate receives at their first workshop. With each project, the kids get a patch with that projects name. I just need to figure out how to get them on the Lowe's apron. Sis, can you help me out here?!?! These two are the toolbox and goofy golf.

If you are like me, you love spending time with your kids. If your kids are anything like mine, they love to build things. So, why not take them to Lowe's Build and Grow Workshops? It's free and allows you to spend time with your kids building something. The workshops are held twice a month - second and fourth Saturday of each month.

I take my younger son while my older son goes with his grandpa. (He spends every other weekend with his grandparents and it happens to fall on the same weekend as these events.)

The upcoming clinics are:

Bird/Squirrel Feed - Saturday, February 23 10-11am
Periscope - Saturday, March 8 10-11am
Goofy Golf - Saturday, March 22 10-11am
Ant Farm - Saturday, April 12 10-11am
Land Sail - Saturday, April 26 10-11am

Not all locations require you to preregister but you can at the
Lowe's Build and Grow website. I have also found that you do not have to arrive at 10:00am. They host the clinic for the full hour. The first week we went we made a toolbox and it seemed that everyone showed up at 10:00. Two weeks later, we went to make a Valentine's mailbox waited until 10:30 and it wasn't as busy...but it could be different for every Lowe's.

3 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Hmmph, very cool idea. I've never heard of it before.

Anonymous said...

I have used a hot glue gun to put all of my kids patches on their aprons. By the way, home depot has a clinic as well..first monday of every month!
nat
deuces12@aol.com

mom_of2boys said...

Great idea nat! I'll have to give the hot glue gun a try.

Our Home Depot clinics are the first Saturday of the Month. I've got several posts about both...we attend most of them.