Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Weighing In #9

Weigh in day for me! It was supposed to be exciting. I was really counting on the scale moving in the downward direction. Instead, it didn’t move at all! I wanted to cry. However, I think it might have to do with my TOM. I have heard that some people gain anywhere from 2-6 pounds in water weight during their TOM. To stay positive, I’m going to blame it on that and hope the weight is gone (plus some for this coming week) when I get on the scale next Wednesday.

I finished the week with 4 weekly allowance points and didn’t add in the exercise/activity points that I earned (too much for me to keep track of). Could I have eaten better? Definitely! I’m working on my menu for next week and things are going to be better. My family will have to learn to like less fattening food or they will learn to cook their own dinners. I have got to lose this weight! My water intake was really high over the last week too. There was only one time that I had something other than water to drink.

I worked out everyday and gave 110%! I normally do not work out on the weekend (Friday – Sunday). This past week I did something everyday! I even started getting up at 4:00 a.m. to get that extra workout. My walking and elliptical routines are never the same – I add an incline or resistance and vary the workout. I do need to add some variety though but want to make sure that I am physically ready for it. So, it might still be a week or two before start back on my fitness classes. Here’s the breakdown of my workouts this week:

Total miles walked: 14 miles
Total miles on elliptical: 11.4 miles
hand weights
stability ball crunches
30 minute bike ride

My goals for this week are to LOSE 2 pounds (at least). I’m hoping for more than that and will work towards at least double that. I’m going to continue with the workouts that I have been doing. I need to add in my jump rope routine and even the strength training machines at the YMCA (leg press, abdominals, chest press…those machines).

I had cleaned out my closet and got rid of LOTS of clothes (actually, they are in bags in my family room until I decide what to do with them). Since my fiancé is out of town, I have been going through what I decided to keep (no summer clothes in my current size!) I did come up with two outfits that I would *heart* to get back into (pic below)...which would maybe even mean more date nights!!

3 comments:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Let me just say, you are doing amazing. I do work out a lot, but I don't have the motivation to do it at 4a like you! So, Bravo! And, I feel the same way with my TOM. Actually, this past month, I had no weight loss and then the next week I lost 3 pounds. So, I agree with the theory!!

And, when you get to that goal weight - forget what's already in your closet - reward yourself with a new outfit (I know that's not frugal is it??!). You deserve something major, whether it's a new outfit or a major vacation (start dropping the hints to your fiance now so he can start saving and pay for the whole thing :-).

Keep it up!!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I feel your pain! It sucks to see those same old numbers as last week. I'm with you on doubling the weight loss for next week!

mom_of2boys said...

Andrea - Thank you for the encouraging words. I have a couple rewards in place - clothes being one of them. I only have a few outfits (2-3) for each size down to a size 6 then it's only jeans.

Cassie - I hope it's double next week - for both of us!