Saturday, April 5, 2008

Super Saturday Savings - 4/5/2008

It's Super Saturday Savings over at Money Saving Mom. This was my off week from grocery shopping so I hit CVS and Target. I picked up items at both stores that will either be used my family, the extended family, or donated to the local woman's shelter. I didn't go overboard being that I have a big plastic tub of freebies that is ready to be donated to the woman's shelter.

Here's what I got...$3.06 OOP ($1.06 was put on a CVS gift card that I got from my prescription). I earned $94.89 in ECB ($42.99 of them remaining). Since this was done in 6 transactions, I used some of the ECBs in some of the transactions.

We had to run to Target on Sunday to purchase a birthday present for the twins next door. We ended up picking up 4 Brat dolls for $18.50. They were priced wrong for starters. We used the $5 off toy purchase coupons as well. While we were there, I decided to check out the Easter clearance since it was 90% off. I ended up finding my nieces some t-shirts for their birthdays that are coming up.

6 t-shirts for $2.40!



I might stop by Kroger in the morning for their mega sale. I don't really need anything but there are a few things on sale that I would like to stock up on.

We also hit Home Depot for their free children's workshop. Not only was it free, it was fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! And, I love that you donate to a shelter. I've started to accumulate enough stuff through CVS shopping that I am now looking for a shelter to donate to as well.

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

My Blessings From Above said...

Grat savings!

Sonshine said...

Great Job!

I always forget about Home Depot's Kids Workshop! I have a couple of boys that would love to it!

I have a bag of freebies for a family at church who sends care packages to the troops overseas!

Kim said...

OOHH I love the shirts! Where did you find them? I didn't see anything like that in our Easter stuff.

mom_of2boys said...

Kim -
I think the Easter shirts were originally in with the children's clothes then move once they were clearanced. I was lucky to get my hands on them. One lady was throwing EVERYTHING in her cart.