Monday, April 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 4/21/2008

It's Menu Plan Mondays over at "I'm an Organizing Junkie". We're going to try some new recipes this week. We didn’t really follow our menu too well last week. I’m printing this week’s menu with the recipes and hanging it on the refrigerator.

Monday- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn
-I'll try to post the meatloaf recipe. I'm not a fan of meatloaf by my fiance makes a great one without the ketchup stuff on top. He adds cheese to it! Yummy!

Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac
Update: I made this recipe without the celery and carrots. I forgot to cut them up the night before and I was running short on time. It was good and something different for a change. I would have liked a little more hot sauce though. I divided the recipe into two smaller casserole dishes (2 qt and 8x8) since the kids wouldn't eat it. My sis and her BF will be trying it tonight. I'll report back what they thought...
Update 4/24/08 - Talked to my sister...they loved it!

Wednesday - Stove Top Coated Pork Chops (Ramblings of a Texas Housewife), Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Beans
Update: OMG we ate leftovers!! There has been a change in Wednesday's dinner. I forgot about the Go Diego Go Live show and last minute soccer practice. We ate Monday and Tuesday night leftovers...we NEVER eat leftovers. Hooray for us!!

ThursdayMini Cannelloni Bake* Stove Top Coated Pork Chops (Ramblings of a Texas Housewife), Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Beans, Applesauce
*Will try the Mini Cannelloni Bake next week or tomorrow night.
Update: The Stove Top Coated Pork Chops were really good. Everyone, even the kids, enjoyed them.

Friday – Tacos or Southwestern Casserole (Recipease) - I'm going to try to make this ahead of time since we seem to get home later on Friday's and really don't feel like cooking. If I can put it right in the oven when I get home, we might have it otherwise it'll be tacos!

The weekend never goes as planned but here’s what I hope to make.

Update: Moving to Sunday Night. We had lunch meat sandwiches since we weren't home.

Sunday - Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumpling, Chicken Club Sandwiches (Glimpse of SonShine), homemade potato chips
Update: The sandwiches and chips went over very well. We spiced up the chicken a bit with some cajun seasoning. I made the potato chips. These were a hit with all the kids in the neighborhood. They couldn't believe I made our chips and had to try them. Hopefully they ran home and asked their moms to make some...LOL.

No comments: