Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WFMW: Free Gym Memberships

It’s Work for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer. I’d like to share what works for me. Free gym memberships work for me! I like to add a little variety to my workouts and try new things. Depending on the gym, you may get access to a trainer. Since these memberships can range from a day – 30 days, I use this time to ask questions and get ideas of what I could do to help me lose weight (plus use their equipment). There is a catch to these FREE memberships. They will hassle you into purchasing a membership. If you are open with them and tell them upfront that you are not currently interested in joining, they normally leave you alone.

I’ve compiled a (small) list of some fitness clubs/gyms that offer free trial memberships. I have found that just about any fitness club will give you a day or week free trial – just ask.

24 Hour Fitness - 7 day free trial

Fitworks - Free 21 day Membership

Bally’s Total Fitness - Free 2 week guest pass

Dolphin Fitness Clubs - Free 7 day membership

NeoLimits - Free 14 day trial membership

Gold’s Gym – 1 day free membership

Curves – 3 weeks free offer
got milk?From March 17th through July 17th, 2008, get 3 Weeks free at Curves when you bring in 3 Milk Caps to a participating Curves club. Offer valid with 3 milk caps from any 3 fluid milk containers. Three free weeks must be redeemed on first visit or exchanged for special membership discount. Limit of one 3 week Curves membership per person. New members only. Valid only at participating Curves locations. Offer valid only in US.

Free Stroller Fit Class – find a location near you, register then print your coupon

FitQuest (West Chester, OH) – free two week trial membership

Ideal Fitness – 5 day free pass

Fitness 19 – 5 day guest pass (For locations, www.fitness19.com)

Fitness First (Ohio location) – Free week membership and free Yoga class

GlobalFit - 1 day free pass

Fitness First - 1 day free pass

Premiere Ladies Fitness (Ohio) – I didn’t find anything on their website but they almost always offer a free 30 day membership. I tried them out years ago on a 30 day free membership.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Now here is a tip I could use. We have a bunch of gyms around here, but they all want $20-$50 to let you start coming regularly.

Also, some of the local community centers have some pretty great fitness equipment (and pools!) available for almost free--about $5 for a one day visit. If it's not something I'll be doing regularly, that's a price I can manage once in a while.

mom_of2boys said...

Thanks for stopping by.

There are also churches in our area that hold classes that are $5 or 3 for $10. They usually have Zumba (love it!), Jazzercise, and Step Aerobics.