Monday, April 14, 2008

Gas Prices & Saving on Gas

I was checking gas prices today in our area. This morning I passed a gas station that had gas for $3.18. That same station is now selling gas for $3.45! I was going to post about how much I was saving on gas since my fuel filter and pump had been replaced (thanks to my fiance'). Not the case now that gas has gone up almost $.30 a gallon in a matter of 6 hours!

Instead, I'll leave you with some tips on saving on gas...
1. Don’t speed (bad habit of mine).

2. Avoid "jack rabbit" starts – accelerate slowly.

3. Anticipate stops – don’t slam on the brakes.

4. Keep your tires properly inflated.

5. Avoid traffic jams and stop-n-go driving, if possible.

6. Travel light. De-junk your vehicle – remove unnecessary items, bike racks, and ski racks.

7. Combine trips.

8. Leave off the air conditioning (definitely not needed around here today).

9. Make sure your vehicle has had proper maintenance – air filters, spark plugs, fluid levels and possibly even the fuel filter.

10. Drive less (wish I could get on the work from home plan).

What are gas prices like in your neck-of-the-woods?

No comments: