Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Weighing In #12

WAAHOO!!! I’m loving weigh in days or at least for the time being. I get to report another weight loss this week. I lost 2 pounds!! I'm up to 11 pounds GONE. After 4 more pounds, I get to treat myself to a haircut (and I NEED one - my hair is getting so LONG!).

Again, I finished the week with weekly allowance points, which really surprises me after the milkshake that I had last week. The one thing that I did do is not let that one mistake bring me down and destroy the whole day or week.

I didn’t workout this week as much I had in the past two weeks. I didn’t walk on my lunch hour like I had been and didn’t go to the YMCA for strength training like I had planned. I really need to get better about my workouts. It’s not all about losing weight but I want to tone up.

Total miles walked: 10.5 miles (down from last week)
Total miles on elliptical: 7.45 (up from last week)Stability Ball
Arm & Leg Strength workouts
The Firm workout (aka Kick My Butt workout)

My goals for this week are to lose 2 pounds. I’d like to try to add in the fitness classes that I mentioned last week. I need to work on my schedule. The traffic has picked up in the evenings and it’s taking me longer to get home (on my later nights). On soccer nights, it really messes things up. Hopefully, I will get all that straightened up and will be able to attend at least 1 class this week.

Question – attend Weight Watcher meetings or not?!?! I’ve talked to a few people about WW and they suggest attending the meetings. They have seen better results since attending the meetings. Is it worth the money and time? What are your thoughts?

Here’s the breakdown (FREE registration until May 10th):
$12 a week for Pay As You Go
$39.95 monthly pass (avg. $9.22 a week)
$10.90 10 weeks prepaid

So, I can always go to the first meeting for FREE! Do I go to the first meeting to see if I like it then decide? Get a monthly pass and just stick to it? Forget it about because I already have the information I need, why pay to be weighed in?

3 comments:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great Job!!

I personally have never done WW religiously, but I know people who have and attending the meetings helped. I guess it all depends what level of accountability is best for you. I personally love SP because I log in to add my food/exercise for the day and I can analyze what I've done good/bad. But, I'm an analytical person (and an extrovert so you'd think I'd be all over a meeting to talk about stuff).

Like you said, you can always try it free and then make your own decision. But, you are doing something right since you've lost weight on your own so consider that too when you make the final decision!

mom_of2boys said...

Thanks!

I used to use SP (until my employer blocked the website)and really liked it. There's a lot of good information out there.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

You GO Girl!! I love weeks like that!