Monday, March 31, 2008

Weighing In #8

I’m so frustrated. I think I’m going to buy a new scale. I only lost 1 pound this week. I know, it’s better than gaining weight but it still upsets me. I am going to make some changes this week. Over the next two days (Monday and Tuesday), I will follow the Weight Watcher’s Flex plan; however, I will start my new week on Wednesday (still following the WW Flex plan). I have never started a diet on Monday and I have never heard good things about starting a diet on a Monday. What was I thinking? My new weigh in day will be on Wednesdays. Last year I used Wednesday since it fell in the middle of the week. It’s also the day that I would have to weigh in, if I chose to attend Weight Watcher meetings. I’ve updated my Weight Loss ticker but may need to make some adjustments come Wednesday.

Over the weekend while I was shopping with my mother, I came across some great deals on summer clothes. I grabbed up an armful and headed for a dressing room. I was ready to buy UNTIL I tried them on! I was so disappointed but I think it was also a turning point for me. I realized that I needed to get focused on losing weight and toning up. We have 67 days until vacation. I know I won’t be able to lose a pound a day so I need to do the best I can over the next 10 weeks.

Now what are my new goals? More exercise and better eating! I started working towards the better eating goal buy picking up fruits and vegetables at the grocery yesterday. We now have grapes, apples, oranges, bananas, pineapple, celery, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes…just to name a few. As for my exercise, I am going to plan some workout on my lunch hour and stop at the YMCA before picking my kids up from daycare. As far as a weight loss goal, I’d like to keep it at 2 pounds. I know it’s possible and it’s a reasonable number.

3 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I just posting my weekly weigh-in. It was a bad week for me as well. Keep going! You can do it. Posting this info on the web is very brave and a great motivator!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting at my blog. Your comment about the weigh scales reminded me of a funny post I read where the write wrote a letter to her weigh scales telling it why it was no longer her friend. You can read it here: http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2008/03/muffin-top-diaries-part-2.html

Sonya said...

Hang in there. It's tough but just think about how long it took you to gain the weight.Hubby is always reminding me of that. It is frustrating not to lose each week, especially when you think you're doing well. Keep up the great work. It will come off!