Monday, March 17, 2008

Walgreens and CVS Shopping

I headed out early Sunday morning to do a little bit of shopping since I thought I was going to be without a car. I grabbed my coupons and headed to Walgreens at 9:30 am.

Walgreens
I picked up 2 Glade Flameless Candles (on sale $5.99). I had 2 $5 off coupons making them $.99 each! Perfect because there's also a $2 Walgreens rebate on them so I will make $2 on them.


Our CVS store is right across the street. They didn't look to be open so I drove over to see what their hours were. They opened at 10:00 am. I decided to pull in and wait (there was another lady there waiting too). I noticed the manager had unlocked and opened the door so I headed in a little early! I was the first CVS shopper of the day - no prize though. Wait! There was a prize...the items I went for were on the shelves!

CVS
Here's what I got...

Transaction 1
Our manager will not allow a zero balance on a transaction so I picked up the cheapest thing I could find. I had to get two so my kids wouldn't fight.

Contour Blood Glucose Monitor
2 pencils
Total OOP = $.27 (There's a rebate on the monitor but I had sent in the rebate on one that I purchased earlier in the year.)


Transaction 2
2 - 12 pk plastic Easter eggs
2 - Johnson's Buddy Soaps
2 - Trial Size Johnson's Baby Shampoo (starting to pick up stuff for vacation!)
1 - Glade Spray (not sure what happened to the other one so I guess I will go back so I can get my $1 ECB)
1 - Listerine Smart Rinse
3 - Bic Soleil Razers
Total OOP = $.84 (plus a rebate for the Listerine Smart Rinse)


Transaction 3
1 - Listerine Smart Rinse
Total OOP = $2.20 (plus a rebate for the Listerine Smart Rinse)


$22.96 in ECBs!!

I did have one issue with my trip. Two ladies came in shortly after I did. They each use 3 Extra Care cards to get the items they want. They cleared the shelf of Smart Rinse, Bic Soleil Razers and who knows what else. I think it's wrong to use more than one card...especially in the same trip. Good thing I got in before them!

1 comment:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

That is the most irritating for me when I shop! I don't mind people using more than one card, but have some refrain. I mean, how much free shampoo does one need??