Monday, March 17, 2008

Vehicle Repairs

I was having problems starting my van a couple weeks ago. I dropped my van off to be checked. By the end of the day, the car dealer was on the phone letting me know the fuel pump needed replaced. What was the cost? $1150! OH MY GOSH!! Where was I going to get that kind of money?!?!

I called my fiance in a panic. He said he would call them back. He called them back, called around for prices, then called me back. He decided to do it himself and get a rental car for the couple days that the van would be "in service". What kind of rental did we get? A Kia Spectra. Do I like it? Would I ever own one? No! I'm a spoiled brat and would never own one no matter how many miles per gallon it gets.

Excellent!! Cost out of MY pocket = $0! However, I did let him claim the daycare expenses that I had paid for our youngest son. So, we break even on the fuel pump. Thank goodness he's a mechanic and generous man! Otherwise, I'd probably end up having to pull out the ol' Huffy!

No comments: