Saturday, March 1, 2008

Super Savings Saturday - March 1st

I'd like to start off by saying, "I can't believe it's March!"

It's Super Saving Saturday over at Money Saving Mom. This week she asks about raising the grocery budget. Since I'm trying to lower my grocery bill and trying to only grocery shop every other week (paydays) before setting a budget, I'd have to say I won't be raising the grocery budget. However, I look for my grocery budget to be higher than I originally anticipated. I'm looking for our grocery budget to be right about $50 a week.

Well, I had been home most of the week with a sick kid so we had to make a run an unplanned run to CVS. I spent $14.xx out of pocket, earned $7 ECB, and a rebate for Pledge. I had coupons for everything except for the Tylenol Children's Meltaways which was $5. I didn't have my ECBs with me, otherwise it would have only been cents out of pocket.

I found other deals this week since this was my off week for grocery shopping (go tomorrow). I went to Elder Beerman yesterday for their 80% off clearance. I didn't do as good as what I can normally do but I got $180 worth of clothing for $29.xx. I had a merchandise credit that I had found in a drawer so I paid NOTHING out of pocket!

Then I came across two cabinets that would work perfect for the garage. They are solid wood with a shelf on each side. One will be used for overstock and the other for the kid's toys. Cost of these cabinets - FREE!!

On top of all that, we went to see Disney On Ice - Finding Nemo for FREE today! Check out my post about that here.

No comments: