Friday, March 7, 2008

Frugal Friday - Make your own trivets

It's Frugal Friday over at Crystal's blog.


I'd have to admit that I've never been one to spend time in the kitchen cooking. Once I had kids, I feel I was forced into the kitchen. I didn't know too much about cooking but I easily faked my way through most of it. I learned quickly that setting a hot pan or dish on the countertop or table will damage it. I used dish towels and pot holders I didn't want to put out the money for trivets so I decided to make my own.



A friend of mine was throwing out some extra ceramic tiles. I took a few of them to use as trivets. To avoid scratching the surfaces, I stuck a few non-slip sticker on each corner on the bottom. Look in the discount tile section of a tile and flooring store or in a home improvement sore for inexpensive tile. You could also check Craigslist or Freecyle for people giving tile away.


Check out other great frugal tips and ideas here.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This is too funny - my Frugal Friday was hand-painted trivets, too! I had to pay 99 cents for mine, so you defintely beat me for the frugal prize!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Great idea! Thanks!
Blessings,
Michele :)