Tuesday, March 11, 2008

IKEA is opening tomorrow!

Ok, I've checked out IKEA's website and can't figure out what all the fuss is about?!?! The IKEA in West Chester, OH will open it's doors at 9am tomorrow morning. The local news station is already reporting people camping out (as of yesterday). I don't think I would camp outside for the opening of any store... The first 100 people do get a free armchair, is it worth it?!?! Not to me!

Now I was told that the IKEA experience is better than the furniture they sell. In conjuction with that, I was told Ikea is perfect for college students with apartments, or young couples! I wouldn’t furnish my whole house with Ikea furniture but I can get great items like office equipment, shelving, kitchen tools, comforter covers, textiles, kids furniture, and best of all swedish meatballs : )

Have you been to an IKEA store? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I have been to Ikea once! It was so exciting. This store is different than any other shopping experience I have ever had. You have to follow a map and go in the correction direction or you get lost. You start on the top floor and work your way down. All the items are on display in mock rooms and you right down what you want and then pick up the items on a different floor. I loved it. We were there for 5 hours.

P.S. The swedish meatballs were really good!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Are you near West Chester? If so, we'll see ya there!

mom_of2boys said...

Jessica - It sounds like I might have to grab my girlfriends and go just for the excitement...and swedish meatballs.

Andrea - I am in the Dayton area.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Cool! We're so close!! I'm only going because my friend is dragging me so she can get her $10 GC since today's her birthday..craziness!

mom_of2boys said...

You're going today? My sister works down around Union Centre and she says the traffic is crazy!! IKEA has a lot set up down the road from her office to shuttle people.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

No, we went today...and it was NUTS. We didn't get there until 10a and the lines had died down but the parking was crazy - although we managed to get a fairly close spot. It is an awesome store though - anything you could possibly want, they sell it! I heard employees had to park like two miles away and be shuttled over. I definitely won't go back for a while!