Thursday, March 6, 2008

Meijer Deals!

Update: If you purchase 5 Aunt Jemima (or Lender's Bagels), you get 2 Meijer frozen orange juice. I wish I would have caught on to that before I checked out. I had purchase 4 - used $1 off Aunt Jemima, Meijer frozen food coupon $1/4.

Meijer has got some deals to check out! I’m usually not one to shop at Meijer. I saw a lot of items in their ad that were on sale for $1. That’s not the good part…I had $.50 or $.55 for some of the items. On Sunday, I made a list, pulled my coupons and placed everything in an envelope labeled “Meijer”. At that point, everything was done except the shopping. I ventured to Meijer on my way home yesterday.

Here’s what I picked up:

2 boxes of Texas Toast
1 Farm Rich Cheese Bites
1 Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter
1 Land O Lakes Fresh Buttery Taste Spreadable Butter
2 Land O Lakes Fresh Butter Taste Sticks (4 sticks each)
1 Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Icing
1 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mix
4 Bounty Basic Paper towels
4 Aunt Jemima Frozen Breakfasts
2 boxes Tyson Any ‘tizers
1 Yo Plus Yogurt (4 pack)

Total oop = $10.35

I saved $29.xx! The cashier was amazed. She had never seen someone save so much! She asked me to come through her line next time I visit the store…LOL!

Now the cupcakes for my son's birthday celebration at his preschool will be done at home...this should be interesting. I'll have to search the internet for something creative. For me, anything besides just smearing some icing on would be creative.

3 comments:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Woo Hoo!! Awesome trip. Thanks for the tip on the butter! That was on my GG list, but I didn't see it until after my trip...

Love your site - good luck on the weight loss! I'm in the same boat!!!

Marcy said...

Awesome job! Was the Land O Lakes butter (sticks) on sale also? I also have my list made...but still haven't made the trip!!

mom_of2boys said...

Andrea - thank you!

meredith - Yes. All the versions that I bought were on sale for a dollar and FREE in the end! I had found out that you could freeze it so I stocked up.