Monday, March 3, 2008

Peanut Butter Lover's Day - March 1st

Peanut, Peanut butter…Jelly!

In honor of Peanut Butter Lover's Day on March 1st (yes, I'm late posting), I thought I would post about peanut butter. Peanut butter is one of American’s favorite foods. Many people consider it a staple like bread and milk.

Most of us have had a peanut butter sandwich in our lifetime or have made someone else a peanut butter sandwich. I’d have to say I am amazed by the varieties of peanut butter sandwiches. I’ve seen peanut butter sandwiches made with bananas, apples, raisins, pickles, marshmallows (or marshmallow crème), honey and/or the traditional favorite jelly. Then my son came along… He hates jelly! What does he use in its place? Fruit snacks! I couldn’t believe it but after thinking about it…it’s almost like a dense version of jelly. On top of that, I have to use my Cut 'n Seal from Pampered Chef to remove the crust and seal the sandwich!

How do your kids eat their sandwiches? Have they asked for something unusual on their peanut butter sandwich?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Just stumbled across your site because of the post about Meijer. I love Meijer and have devoted an entire blog to its wonders. I am also a huge fan of peanut butter, and like you son, I hate jelly. I usually eat my sandwiches with just peanut butter and then have milk. Chocolate milk is the best combo with this sandwich. I'll have to try to fruit snack thing. Thanks for informing me about National Peanut Butter day. I'll be sure to celebrate next year.