Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weighing In #16

I did it! I did it! Hooray for me!!!

Can you tell that I am really excited about FINALLY hitting the 15 pound mark? I did it! I lost 1 pound this week which takes me to the 15 pound mark. So, I hopped on the phone first thing this morning to make a hair appointment. The soonest was Tuesday of next week. What?!? Ugh, I leave for vacation on Friday and have a jam packed week and the soonest she was able to get me in for a cut is Tuesday (since I work full time 30 miles away from the salon). Well, I guess that’s disappointing but I’ve lost 15 pounds!! I forgot to check my inches this morning. I’m really anxious to know how many inches I have lost since I started taking my measurements. I know some of my pants are really starting to get loose.

I will say that I hate shopping for clothes still! I had to go out this past weekend and purchase a swimsuit and a few summer outfits for vacation. Buying a swimsuit was a nightmare!! What happened to one piece swimsuits?!?! They are hard to find (in fashionable styles for younger adult). I found some that my mother would wear. I had to settle for a tankini…I’m not happy about it. If nothing else, it should look good with my tan. This will be a BIG motivator to stay focused on my diet while vacationing.



My workouts this week were lame! I only worked out three days and it wasn’t much on any of them. On the other days, I wasn’t just sitting around the house or lying on the couch. I was cleaning the house, gutters, flower beds, patio, pool, and even mowing the grass. I was definitely active. Here’s the breakdown of my workouts this week:


3 miles/435 calories walking on my treadmill
1.385 miles/208 calories walking/jogging (Couch to 5K)
150 crunches
4.16 miles/600 calories on elliptical
strength machines - legs

Now what’s my plan?!? My plan is to stay focused, eat better, and workout more (than last week anyways). I would like to lose another 2 pounds before heading out to Myrtle Beach. I plan to continue with my Couch to 5K program. I started week 2 last night and it wasn’t as bad as what I had thought it would be. As far as fitness classes, I don’t see being able to fit any of them into my schedule. It’s definitely something I will look into when I return from vacation. I would like to have my weight off by the end of the year and I think adding the fitness classes will help in that area.

That’s all for me. I hope everyone else has been having a good week with their weight loss too! If not, keep you head up and DON’T give up!

4 comments:

Jen said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so glad that you hit your first goal of 15lbs! That's AWESOME! I'm glad you are getting to go get your haircut before vacation. I don't know about you, but I LOVE getting my hair cut. Mix that with your weight loss and you'll be high on life! I agree with you though. . . what's up with all the two piece swimsuits!?!? I had to get a tankini too, sigh!

mom_of2boys said...

Thanks! I'm super excited! It won't be a major haircut but it will get this mop into a style!

Yeah, I'm not liking the two piece swimsuits. Even when I weighed 125 pounds I never wore a 2 piece!

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Great job!! That was the goal I loved to hit too! I am now looking at 20 and I can't wait to get there! This Summer is going to continue to change me.

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great Job!! What a great way to celebrate too on your vacation - by looking and feeling better!!! I'm really happy for ya...and you'll have a nice cut to match!