Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weighing In #15

Well, I was kind of disappointed when I got on the scale this morning. It was the same as last week. WHAT?!?! You have got to be kidding me. I thought I had done so well…then I remembered that T.O.M. had come into play this week. So, no weight loss this week became a little more understandable. After really thinking it over, I’m surprised there wasn’t a gain. I was really hoping to hit that 15 pound mark so I could get my haircut for my birthday and Memorial Day. Dang it!! I guess I’ll just look like Shaggy another week. If I don’t hit it next week, I’ll go to extreme measures to make sure I hit it before vacation!

Well, I did find a few items that are making life a little easier on the Weight Watchers plan. It allows me to save my points for dinner which is my hardest and most “expensive” meal. My family isn’t big on “diet” food. They want the full blown fat packed meal. I’ve come up with a few items that have been lower in fat/calories so we’ll see how they go. Keeping my fingers crossed. I would hate to have to make a separate dinner for myself but if that’s what I have to do, I’ll do it.

Now with exercising, I still didn’t make it to any fitness classes. The class that I did show up for was cancelled. I hit the treadmill hard this week. I started the
Couch to 5K program. I will admit that I am not a runner and never have been. I want to be though. I am going to work thru this program in the hopes of running in a 5K either this fall or next spring. I didn’t do any strength training this week. After hurting my back and my little one dropping the weight on my knee, I took care of myself over strength training. I didn’t want to do any more damage…so I did lots of stretching instead. So, you want to know what I did this week for exercise?!?

Total miles walked/jogged: 11.325 miles (up from last week)/burned 1559 calories
Total miles on elliptical: 8.1 (down from last week)/burned 1165 calories
Hand Weights (2 days)
175 Crunches

My main goal for this week is to lose 2 pounds. I’ve also got plans on attending two fitness classes on Friday morning – Glutes ‘n Guts and Step ‘n Sculpt. If I can get the kids dropped off, I will also stop by the Pilates class.

This will be a challenging weekend for me with my birthday and Memorial Day picnic. I will try my best to get my exercise in early in the day to avoid caving in and not exercising later.

3 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Don't be disappointed. I had the same results this week. Just keep going nice and slow.

Jen said...

Just tell yourself, at least I didn't gain!! You'll hit your 15 lb mark soon enough and you'll be able to celebrate. Until then, celebrate how far you have come and keep yourself motivated! I hope you have a Happy Birthday and enjoy the weekend :)

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Just like you told me one week, at least you didn't gain!!! That really is important to keep in perspective at times. Being a turtle at weight loss will ensure that it stays off for the long term!! :-)