Friday, May 16, 2008

Fitness on Friday - 5/16/2008

It’s Fitness on Friday already?!?! This week has gone by so fast. This was another good week for me. I reported a 2 pound weight loss on Wednesday (you can read about it here). One more pound and I will be headed to the salon to get my haircut (hopefully next week, just in time for my birthday)!

Last week I had reported that I was losing motivation. Well, it’s picked up quite a bit since Friday. I’ve even increased my morning walks (on most days) to 2 miles which means my feet have to hit the floor by 4:00am to head to the treadmill so I can be done by 4:30am. What brought on this sudden burst of motivation? A comment that I over heard. A few co-workers have decided to “try” Weight Watchers on their own. When the had found out that I was doing it and had “only” lost 14 pounds this time around, one spoke up and said “Well, she looks like she has gained 14 pounds not lost it.” It kind of hurt my feelings at first (but knowing the person that said it – it didn’t surprise me). Then I got to thinking about it – I got the “I’ll show her!” attitude. So, watch out because here I come!

I will admit that I haven’t worked on my workout schedule that fits around the soccer schedule. I have good reason though. The soccer schedule will not be the same the next 3 weeks (last week of soccer we will be on vacation). So, I will be able to fit my workouts in except for possibly the first week of June since we will be getting ready for vacation. My lunch hour may become my workout hour. We’ll see. I pulled fitness schedules for 3 local YMCA’s and another fitness center close to home. I plan on attending at least one Zumba class this week (before Wednesday) and then next Friday since I am off work I will be attending 2 maybe 3 classes (Pilates, Step-n-Sculpt, and Glutes-n-Guts). They are all classes that I did last year and liked so I am super excited…more excited about the classes than I am about having the day off!

Over the past couple weeks, I have learned to planning ahead for an event or eating dinner out at a restaurant. I usually look at the menu beforehand so I’m not tempted to go for a higher calorie, more fattening dinner. I also have purchased a few small containers to take my salad dressing with me. This allows me to have a lower calorie/fat dressing that I like rather than trying every low-fat dressing the restaurant has. Last week at the Rascal Flatts concert, I didn’t have anything except a bottle of water! For tomorrow’s party, I will be eating a salad and some fruit before we head out and then will take a cooler with bottled water in it. We’ll see if I am able to stick to it.

I hope everyone else is doing well with their fitness and weight loss goals. To read other Fitness on Friday posts, check out Bye Bye Fat Mom!

2 comments:

Jen said...

AWESOME!!!!! Keep it up! I know you'll make your next goal of another pound this week and have a super sexy hair cut for your birthday! Happy Early Birthday btw!! Keep up the great work. You motivate me to keep on going!! Thanks :)

BTW- you live in Dayton Ohio? My hubby lived there for about 2 years back in 1997 I believe. Cool! I also know a few families from that area. Alright enough of my randomness! Have a great week! :)

Natalie said...

Great attitude after hearing a comment like that. My ego is so fragile I probably would have been shattered. But I like your attitude of showing them! Way to go!