Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 82, Food and Exercise Log

This morning felt like a Monday! I got up and got moving this morning. However, I ran into problems when I went to make lunch sandwiches. There was no bread. There was bread when I checked (after closing the kitchen down). Someone must have had a late night snack. So, I had to head to Wal-Mart (closest reasonably priced store) at 5:15 AM to get bread!

Daily Allowance Points: 24
Weekly Allowance Points: 35

Breakfast:
French Vanilla Iced Cappucino Cooler (4 points)
English Muffin (2 points)

Lunch:
Progresso Light Zesty Southwestern Vegetable Soup (0 points)
Turkey Sandwich (4 points)

Snack:
2 Peanut Butter cookies (3 points)

Dinner: We're going to Bullwinkles. I've already looked at their menu and know what I am getting. I will also be taking my own dressing since the only light or fat free that they have is Ranch. I want to make sure I stay in a reasonable point range. My plan: Grilled Chicken (plain), Dinner Salad, Steamed Veggies...we'll see how well that goes.

I DID IT!!!! I went out to dinner and kept my points pretty low!! I refused the bread which is a HUGE plus for me since I am a bread lover. I drank water and didn't have a piece of birthday cake. Here's what I had...

Grilled Chicken, baked sweet potato, dinner salad with Honey mustard dressing (11 points)

The grilled chicken was plain. It had a lot of flavor though. I ate half of it. I removed the butter from the baked sweet potato but did add a little bit of cinnamon. I didn't eat all the sweet potato. I forgot my dressing for the salad so I got what I thought would be the most reasonable on points and I didn't use but maybe a tablespoon of it.

Exercise:
1.5 miles walking on my treadmill
floor exercises
2 miles/300 calories on elliptical
leg strength machines workout

Daily Points Used: 24
Weekly Points Used: 0

Overall thought: When you are planning to go out to dinner, look at their menu before you go. If it's not online, call the restaurant and ask them to fax you a copy. This is a local restaurant that we had went to but they still had their menu online so I was able to plan what I was having and wasn't tempted. I didn't look at the menu again when I got there. I had two glasses of water before the meal was served so that helped with portion control. We all know they serve you more than one portion usually. I'm also surprised by my Friday workout. My history of Friday's is going home and crashing on the couch not lately. The trainer at the YMCA yesterday made mention of my dedication to my workouts. Who would have ever thought that someone you didn't even know would notice or even say something?!?! Talk about motivation...got me moving and putting forth a little more effort yesterday.

No comments: