Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Birthday

What a day!! I am full of energy and in a really good mood. Usually, my birthday is just another day on the calendar.

My fiancĂ© called me early this morning. Well, when he got to work, he called to wish me a “Happy Birthday”. Last year, he didn’t remember my birthday until July! My 30th birthday…out the door, no “Happy Birthday”, no dinner, no card…just a normal day. I got over it and it became a joke. So, I sat this morning wondering how long will it take this year. Not long, he wrote it on his calendar as a reminder. He even has a kidless (that is a word, right?) dinner planned for us tonight (my immediate thoughts where? what am I going to eat? I have to stay in my point range.). Awesome!

Then my boss comes in to work this morning with 40 dozen roses. I got two dozen since it’s my birthday. I love flowers and never get flowers. Of course, I didn’t have a vase so my flowers have to settle for a plastic cup.
What a wonderful day!!

UPDATE: The kids were excited to find out it was mom's birthday. They didn't understand why I didn't tell them and why there wasn't a cake. The little one wanted me to have a birthday party - I told him we would have a picnic this weekend to celebrate (really a Memorial Day picnic). Dinner was great. We didn't have to deal with whining kids that were tired of sitting. They got to visit with some cousins and grandma while we had dinner so it was a win - win situation. I got a gift card to purchase a new bathing suit (what a scary thought) and clothes for vacation. Looking forward to spending that!

3 comments:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day and awesome dinner!!

mom_of2boys said...

Thank you!

ohhollyf said...

Happy belated Birthday !
And, to encourage you on you diet, just do it!