Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Vacation Quickly Approaching!

I’ve found a blog carnival to participate in on Tuesday’s. It’s over at Lara’s blog, Lazy Organizer. I thought I would participate because I LOVE to talk! I could go on and on about anything and anytime! Here goes my first Talk about Tuesday.

We love to take a family vacation when school gets out. This year school will be out a couple days into June and our vacation will quickly follow. We are headed to Myrtle Beach, SC.


Original plans were to rent a camper, drive down, and camp for a week on the beach. It sounded like a lot of fun and a new adventure for some of us. The travel park had a lot of amenities – lake, pool, playground, and arcade to name a few. After thinking it over, there was no maid service, more and more people wanted to join in on the fun, and we couldn’t find a camper for a reasonable price so we decided to change our plans.

On Monday (yeah this past Monday), we booked a beach house! Not just a beach house but a HUGE (to me) oceanfront beach house. It has 7 bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each room, 9 bathrooms, 2 washers and dryers, 4 refrigerators and microwaves, 2 dishwashers, 2 stoves, game room (pool table, card table, gaming systems), 13 tvs (each has a DVD player or VCR), and a private pool.

I am ready for the sand, sun, warmer weather, and most of all – NO WORK. As a matter of fact, it can be hot that week and I will be fine with it. I just want away from this Ohio weather!! Forecast here: Mid to upper 60’s with a chance of rain Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh you are so lucky! I hope you have a great time. :)

Lara said...

That sounds a lot more fun that camping! Can you tell I'm not a camper?

Anonymous said...

Wow- that looks like so much fun! I love the beach. I hope you have a great week. See you next Tuesday on Lara's blog!
Toni

Dana said...

That looks like it will be so much fun. I can't believe school will be out soon. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!