Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weighing In #13

I lost 1 pound!! Not all that excited over 1 pound but I’ll take it. It’s definitely better than reporting a gain! I’ve got 3 more pounds until I reward myself with a haircut. I’ve got to hit that 15 pound mark by my birthday (22nd)...

As far as my eating, I think there are areas that really need improvement. I’ve trying to incorporate as many fruits and vegetables as I can. I can usually eat just about any fruit but when it comes to vegetables, it’s a different story! I was happy to have been able to go out to dinner (with late notice) and stay within my point range. As I’ve said before, if you have the time and resources, check out the menu before you head out to the restaurant.


I didn’t workout this week as much I had liked to. As a matter of fact, I didn’t workout at all on Saturday (WHAT?!?!). I didn’t walk on my lunch hour like I had been and didn’t go to the YMCA for strength training like I had planned. I really need to put my lunch hours to work again.

Total miles walked: 13.25 miles (up from last week)
Total miles on elliptical: 5.75 (down from last week)
Arm & Leg Strength workouts
Floor exercise for the Core

My goals for this week are to lose 2 pounds. I’d like to try to add in the fitness classes that I have been mentioning. With soccer being cancelled on Saturday, they are making the games up during the week which has been cutting into my workouts and fitness class schedules. I am going to sit down this week and actually write out a schedule. I will have two – one for a normal week and one for Saturday soccer rain outs.

Last week I had questioned whether to attend a WW meeting or not. We had a soccer game the night of the local class. I had planned on walking over to the church for the meeting (less than a mile). I think I will try the free class. At work, they are having a Jenny Craig representative come in and talk to us so I am going to see what they have to offer too. I’m not very familiar with their plan. I had a family member follow it years ago and you had to purchase their food. I’m not going to follow a plan like that. I want to eat “real” food and more less whatever I want within reason.

3 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Hey, losing 1 pound is great! I think it gets harder and harder to make the 2-3 pound/week goal as you get closer and closer to your goal weight.
You are doing a great job!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

You did great! I think it's awesome that you are evaluating each week as you go along. That shows your committment to making it work!!

mom_of2boys said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday. I really need to stay focused and will hit that 2-3 pounds one week. I really need to pinpoint my problem areas and resolve the issues. I really need to make this the last time that I have to "diet".