Friday, May 30, 2008

"Gnu" Snack

I have to share with you a “gnu” snack that I have found. They are the Gnu Foods Flavor & Fiber Bars. I’ve tried nearly every energy and snack bar on the market. Most of them a downright disgusting! These are moist, chew and full of flavor. The other thing I like about these bars are that they have 12 grams of fiber and only 130-150 calories – resulting in only 2 Weight Watcher points. Fiber-rich foods help you feel full…which could mean less eating. They come in five flavors - Cinnamon Raisin, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Brownie, Orange Cranberry and Banana Walnut. I found them at Trader Joe’s but they aren’t always available (big disappointment); however, you can order them only from the Gnu Foods website. They also offer an automatic shipment program (what a convenience!). You can also order a sampler package - 5 bars for $9.95 which includes shipping (limit one per household).

3 comments:

Jen said...

These sound good and I love that they have TONS of fiber! I usually HATE fiber bars/energy bars. They all usually taste like cardboard. I have found that the Fiber One bars are actually pretty good. I don't have any on hand *tear* or I'd give you the stats. I do know they are only 2 pts bar as well and you can get them at any grocery store and Costco even carries the Chocolate ones in bulk. They also have a carmel flavor and PB one as well! YUM! I love how they help curb my appetite! I'm going to have to try these ones you suggested as well!

mom_of2boys said...

I like the peanut butter ones. I have a box in my desk drawer. I actually resorted to eating one yesterday since my girlfriends stood me up at lunch. They're pretty tasty!!

wubbahed said...

We started a Gnu Bars page on Facebook...
http://www.new.facebook.com/pages/Gnu-Bars/19755918485?ref=s