Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weighing In #14

Wow, it’s that time again. These weigh ins seem to be coming quicker and quicker. I got on the scale this morning and I’m down 2 pounds!! How do I feel? Shocked! After the weekend I had, I was really thinking it was going to be a gain. Now that brings me just 1 pound away from my 15 pound weight loss reward – a haircut! I’m really hoping I can hit that pound next week. Then I’ll get a haircut just in time for my birthday, Memorial Day, and vacation!! Hooray!!

Even though I have been seeing weight loss the past couple weeks, there are still areas that I need to work on. Breakfast and dinner are the two that need worked on the most. I’ve never been a breakfast eater. I need to find some meal ideas that will fill me up and that are quick. As far as our dinners, I just need to pull out a few old recipes that I made last year during my Weight Watcher ventures and put them in the dinner rotation. I could use a few new ones as well.

Now with the exercise, I was really getting my stride on with the elliptical machine! I didn’t walk as much as I had been. I normally walk in the morning and evenings. This past week I don’t think I walked but 1 night. I did make it to the YMCA on my lunch hour one day. I’m hoping that the rain will come to an end and the temperatures will go back up into the 70’s then I will start walking on my lunch hours again. So, you want to know what I did this week for exercise?!?

Total miles walked: 6.5 miles (down from last week)
Total miles on elliptical: 14.27 (up from last week)/burned 2075 calories
Arm & Leg Strength workouts
Hand Weights
Crunches
My goals for this week are to lose 2 pounds. I’d like to attend at least 1 fitness class. If soccer is cancelled tonight (due to rain), I’ll go to Zumba (if the kids cooperate!).

The Weight Watcher’s meetings that I have been discussing the past two weeks are still being considered. I’m finding that the meeting in our neighborhood on Tuesday night isn’t going to work. So, I’m considering using a lunch hour to attend a meeting. I just need to take the time and find them to see if they are close enough to work into my lunch hour.

4 comments:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Awesome report!!! Isn't funny how we think we did terrible and that's when some of our biggest numbers show up?? Maybe we really do need to eat more and indulge!! That's my belief anyway :-)

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

That is awesome!! Way to go!! I just hit the 15 pound mark this week. It feels good:)

mom_of2boys said...

Thanks for stopping by today. I think that adding a few extra calories and then lowering them back down may help every now and again.

I hope I hit 15 next week. I also took measurements that I am going to start tracking. Pretty exciting stuff!

Jen said...

WAY TO GO!!! AWESOME!!! You'll be at the 15 pound mark in no time at all! Keep up the good work! I love reading your blog! It's great motivation for me :)