Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weighing In #20

Is it really Wednesday already?!?! Time flies!! Well, Wednesday means it’s time to weigh in again. This week I lost 1 pound!! It’s not much but I’m glad to see that the scale has finally moved and in the direction I wanted. I’d like to see another 7-9 pounds come off in the next 3 ½ weeks. I was pretty motivated when my fiancé came home from his business trip and looked like he had lost 10-15 pounds (he was only gone a week). My thought – I can’t let him beat me at this weight loss thing! The competition is on now!

I really didn’t go over my points this week with the exception of Taco Bell on Saturday. No more Taco Bell for me. I know I can find food there that’s in a reasonable point range but I think it’s safer to avoid the place all together! I think my little dental mishap is still keeping me from eating some of things I love and keeping from eating too much of anything. I go to the dentist today so we’ll see what comes of that (those that know me know that I HATE going to the dentist – I’m worse than a kid…LOL)

Last week I said that I WOULD get back to exercising this week. I did but really didn’t do it. I did go to Fitworks (got my certificate for a free $25 gas card) and had plans on going Monday and Tuesday. I had to cancel on Monday and the trainer cancelled yesterday. So, hopefully I can get back there tomorrow. I got some walking in over the weekend when we took the kids 4-wheeling. On Monday, I worked out in the pool. I swam a couple laps, carried my son around the pool while jogging and jumping, and then did a few aerobic moves. But that’s where it ends…I didn’t do anything else. I still need to check out the two fitness tapes at home that I borrower from the library – Jillian Michael’s Shape Up – Backside and Yoga Booty Ballet Live. I put the Jillian Michael’s one in last night and only saw a couple minutes of it…it looks good but I’ll let you know for sure in the next couple of days.What’s my plan? The same as I said last week and the week before “Get my bottom in gear!” I need to get back to my Couch to 5K program. I need to get up in the morning to walk on the treadmill (no matter how tired I am and lately I’ve been pretty tired). Then I need to workout after work, take a bike ride with the kids or go on a walk with the kids. I also need to make sure I stay within in my point range and write down every little crumb or bite of food that goes into my mouth. I’m also looking at following Kim Lyon’s 12 week program…after reading her book, I think it’s right up my alley!

That’s all I have this week.

1 comment:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great Job! That one pound can mean the world of motivation! I need to go get my butt moving on the treadmill now while my little man is napping. I just want one pound too!!