Saturday, July 26, 2008

Laid off – count down to my final day (15 working days to go)!

The boss gave us the day off since she couldn't release us and all we are doing while in the office is surfing the internet or watching movies.

I had a very productive day. I cleaned the house from top to bottom. I scrubbed walls and baseboards. I cleaned ceiling fans, vents and windows. I cleaned all the hard floors. Then I mowed and weeded the front and back yard. I picked weeds and dead plants out of the flower beds. After all that, I relaxed at my older son's soccer practice.

I had mentioned earlier in the week that I had applied for three jobs. I got a call from one of them. I was excited until the lady asked me for salary requirements. She asked me if it was negotiable and without saying anything she told me that the position normally only pays $15-20K. WHAT?!?! I made that when I started with my current employer. NO WAY! So, I was very discouraged.

Saturday - I received another rejection letter! I guess being a stay-at-home mom might be the only option I have. Since I can't take a job for $15-20K to pay a daycare center.

No comments: