Saturday, July 26, 2008

Laid off – count down to my final day (16 working days to go)!

I'm a little late posting this but I wanted to get them out there.

Well, Thursday was a pretty good day. I was able to get a lot of things accomplished. I contacted the Transition Center to schedule an appointment to talk to someone regarding assistance for school. The Transition Center helps those that have been laid off from work. They seem to be pretty busy these days, according to the lady that answered the phone. The soonest I could get in was Tuesday (29th). I super excited because I would really LOVE to finish school (and not have to pay for it). I only have approximately 8-10 classes to finish my associates degree. I've ran into many road blocks along the way so hopefully the road is clear this time around.

I also got a few little things taken care of. I even got some rebates filled out and ready to be sent out.

I have to tell you. I've really gotten to the point of making jokes about being laid off. We had a team meeting and the boss (yeah the one that laid me off) had said that we (actually they) will not be running ad-hoc reports anymore. One of the girls replied, "What are we supposed to say to them when they request one?" I immediately jumped in and said, "Tell them the position has been eliminated!" I thought my boss was going to fall on the floor. The others just laughed. It was great!

No comments: