Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Laid off – count down to my final day (12 working days to go)!

I thought I was going to have to stay home again with a sick kid but I sent him anyways. Now that I've made it into work, I wish I would have just stayed home.

We got news yesterday afternoon that we will have to work our 30 days. It really sucks! In other words, I will spend 12 more days in my "jail" cell watching movies and surfing the internet. Oh wait! I do have some personal time that will need to be used up...another 2 1/2 days off! What can I do about the other 9 1/2? Come in late and leave early!

I have to say that I have never had such a negative attitude like I have today and the past couple. I can't wait until I can finally say "goodbye" to this job!

What am I doing today? Besides typing this, I am going to show my co-worker how to push buttons on an application I built so that she will be able to run it in the future. Sound like fun? I don't think so. Sounds like a complete waste of my time but it gives her time to sit back and do nothing.

UPDATE: I almost forgot that I will be attending the orientation at the Transition Center so that will be a plus (especially if they tell me I can get my schooling paid for).

I went to lunch with my mother today since I was starved. I walked out this morning without my breakfast and lunch. My boss was at the same restaurant and bought my lunch.

No comments: