Friday, July 11, 2008

A few updates...

I wanted to post a few updates...

I went to the dentist this week. I switched dentists so I was very nervous. I will admit it was the best dentist appointment I've had in YEARS! My teeth are all clean and feel great! They weren't rough with my mouth. My filling that I lost was in my wisdom tooth. The dentists suggests that I get it pulled - he won't fill it. Sign me up! I would rather not have to deal with it. When one of my other wisdom teeth was pulled a couple years ago my old dentist chipped the tooth in front of it and never did anything about it. Now I need a root canal in that tooth. Other than that, everything is fine and dandy!!

Yesterday, I found out that I lost my job. My position is being eliminated or so they say... There were quite a bit of people that got laid off yesterday. I wasn't alone. As a matter of fact, my boss and her boss were laid off in the morning then my boss had to turn around and lay 5 people off. Working in the mortgage business sucks sometimes. I'm not going to post anything in great detail here since I'd like to finish my time with good standing and get through my severance package (first...LOL). I will not be looking for a job right away. I've been working since I was 12-13 years old so I really would like a break. I didn't have the "college" break that most people did. While I am off, I am going to look into some work at home opportunities, getting my oldest son ready to go back to school, hanging out at the county fair while the kids show their pigs, and getting my youngest son to start pooping in the potty!! This isn't a sad time for me...I didn't like my job, the people I worked with and I was totally burned out! This will give me a chance to refresh my mind and think about what I want to be when I grow up (LOL).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your job loss, I wish you the best in the next step that you take and enjoy your kids meanwhile

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I'm really sorry to hear about this - weren't you going to talk to your fiance about the whole "performance plan" to get you to stay at homwe :-) Maybe now's the time to do that. Seriously, though - good luck! If you need some resume help, let me know - I looked at 'em for 10 years and kind of know what gets the attention (and what gets tossed to the side, like immediately).