Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things I Love Thursday - Candy Corn

Let me start by saying I love fall, as if you couldn't tell from my Mum pictures. It's my favorite season. I love the cooler temperatures, football, the leaves as they change color, and most of all candy corn. I know you can buy it year round in those little $.99 cent bags but it's not the same. I have a few things that I like to do with candy corn in the fall. I'm sharing them with you today.

PayDay Candy Bar like mix
12 oz bag candy corn
24 oz can dry roasted peanuts

Pour candy corn and peanuts into a bowl and mix.

Butterfinger Candy
12 oz bag candy corn
1 1/3 cup peanut butter
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

1. Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval.

2. Stir in peanut butter.

3. Spread mixture in a greased 8x8 pan lined with foil. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

4. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

5. Chill before serving.

PAYDAY BARS
24 oz dry roasted peanuts
12 oz peanut butter chips
10 oz marshmallows
4 tbsp margarine
1 can sweetened condensed milk

1. Melt together chips, marshmallows, margarine and milk.

2. Butter the bottom of a 9x13" pan.

3. Put half of the peanuts in the bottom of the pan.

4. Pour melted mixture over the peanuts.

5. Sprinkle remaining peanuts onto the mixture.

6. Press peanuts into the mixture. Refrigerate then cut.

And that's why I love candy corn! Don't forget to check out Things I Love Thursday over at The Diaper Diaries to see things other people love.

7 comments:

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Those just sound yummy! I have a slight addiction to candy corn and have to be careful this time of year. My hips are not a fan of my love for the delicious candy. LOL

Brooke said...

i love payday bars!!!

mom_of2boys said...

I'd have to say they aren't the hip-friendliest. I usually make them to take to work for everyone else to eat...I only eat a little bit.

Unknown said...

Oh these sound yummy!! I also love candy corn, but like you, only at Halloween. It just tastes better!

Hey, you left a comment on my site, but forgot to enter the soap drawing I am having!! You are welcome to enter!

I responded to your post and am very sorry to hear that you are a casualty of this mess we are all in now, through no fault of our own.

http://www.bargainamazon.net

stan said...

that doesn't look too difficult! thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love candy corn and I'm even sitting here enjoying some as I write. I keep a secret stash every year around Halloween.

thediaperdiaries said...

Ooh I am lovin' you right now!!!