Monday, September 29, 2008

Recipe: Breakfast Casserole

This is my version of a breakfast casserole. I couldn't access the recipe I was going to make so I made my own. The whole family loved it.
  • 1 (12 oz) pkg fresh breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
  • 1 pkg Shredded Hash browns
  • 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 2 (12 oz) cans NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
  • 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • ½ small onion, diced
  • ¼ tsp of pepper or to taste

  1. Cook, crumble and drain sausage and onions.
  2. Cook shredded hash browns until nearly done.
  3. Grease 13 x 9 baking dish.
  4. Place hash browns in bottom of baking dish.
  5. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, cheese, and pepper in medium bowl. Pour evenly over hash browns.
  6. Sprinkle with sausage.
  7. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
  8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  9. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

No comments: