Friday, September 26, 2008

Frugal Friday - Organization

I posted this a couple weeks ago for Works for Me Wednesday. I wanted to share it for Frugal Friday as well. They are frugal ideas. I've added a few ideas as well.

Over the past month, I have really been trying to declutter and organize things around the house. I wanted to save as much as possible while doing it. Two things that seem to be getting out of con
trol were the CDs and the magazines.

For the CDs, I bought two plastic spa caddies from the Dollar Tree and slid the CDs into them. They fit perfectly and it was inexpensive. They also slide nicely into the entertainment center.

For the magazine, I don’t normally keep them. However, if there are several good articles in them, I will keep them. I turn an empty cereal box into a magazine holder. I cut the box diagonally on both sides and cover it with wrapping paper. The wrapping paper keeps it from standing out like a sore thumb.

Need bookends? Paint two bricks with bright colors and put felt on the bottom to keep them from scratching your furniture.

How about a barrette holder? Hang ribbon over a hanger and clip the barrettes on the ribbon. Pull all but about 2 inches to one side of the hanger, staple or glue the ribbon together, let dry, then clip the barrettes on the ribbon.

While were on the topic of organizing on a budget, do you reuse juice concentrate cans or soup cans? I do. I use them as pencil holders. Just clean them out and cover them with wallpaper, border, wrapping paper, contact paper, fabric...whatever you can find.


To find other frugal ideas, visit Biblical Womanhood's Frugal Friday.

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Neat organizing ideas with recycling things that I might already have! :D

Have a great day!
Sherry