Friday, September 5, 2008

Frugal Friday - Frugal Decorating

When I redecorated and painted my sons’ room, the last thing I wanted to do is break the bank to do it. Since I knew that the paint, wallpaper, and bed coverings were going to cost quite a bit, I had to find a way to save on the decorations and pictures that hung on the wall. What better way to save – make them yourself! One of the things I did in Son#2’s room was cut out each of the trucks from the border. I found 4 frames at the Dollar Store that were the perfect size and shape for them. I decided to place a piece of matching construction paper behind them to make them look just a little better. So, what did it cost me $4.28 and we no longer have a bare wall! We did something very similar in Son#1’s room with his border.

Since Son#1 had a desk, we made him a pencil holder to match his room. We used an empty cleaned soup can and wrapped a small piece of border around it.

To find other frugal ideas, visit Frugal Friday at Biblical Womanhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking room! Love the clouds!