Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 9/1/2008


Ok, I'm a little late posting but we spent the day together as a family yesterday. What a great weekend we had!

I tried so hard to follow my menu plan last week. It wasn't too bad. We ended up eating dinner out twice last week. Wednesday's soccer game lasted longer than expected and after a hard day at
work home, I was too tired to cook. Then on Saturday we went to Taco Bell for soft tacos...we weren't that hungry and nobody wanted to cook. If it weren't for menu planning, we probably would have eaten out everyday last week. So, I'm putting this week's menu out there in hopes of following everyday of it. We are going to use up most of the meat that we have left in the freezer to avoid having to go to the grocery this week.

The pigs go to the butcher next week so we should have our pork by the end of next week. I haven't heard anything on our half of beef yet. So, I may only have to buy meat at the grocery one more week or so.

Here’s my plan for this week…

Monday: Fried chicken, pasta salad, fruit

Tuesday: Pot Roast, homemade potato chips, fruit

Wednesday: Breaded Butterfly Shrimp, mashed potatoes, green beans

Thursday: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Friday: Southwestern Casserole (freezer meal)

Saturday: Dinner out with friends

Sunday: Meatloaf, Mashed Potato Skins, Corn

Visit Organized Junkie for other menu plans.

No comments: