Monday, September 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 9/28/2008


What a busy week we had! I ended up doing a lot of cooking on Monday and Tuesday last week. I make four batches of Stuffed Shells for us, the freezer and two other family members; the Southwestern Casserole was another meal we had this week plus placed one in the freezer. I also made the Freezer French Toast and my own version of Breakfast Casserole. Wednesday night was our Pot Roast night. I made it in the slow cooker since I thought our game was a half an hour away. We made open face sandwiches out of it, thanks to the Bob Evans commercials. It was very similar to their Farmhouse Philly. It was really good!

We have soccer for the next three nights and that will end our regular season. Tournament play doesn’t start for a week and a half after that so I’ll be trying out 2 new Pampered Chef recipes and looking for new ones for next week.

Here’s my plan for this week…

Sunday: Grilled Chicken Club Ring (Pampered Chef recipe re-do or minus a few ingredients) – recipe below

Sunday dessert (our dessert night): Applesauce Spice Cake

Monday: Pepperoni Pizzadillas(Pampered Chef recipe)

Tuesday: Chicken Tenders, Country Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Corn

Wednesday: Skyline Chili Spaghetti (at home version)

Thursday: Shredded Chicken tacos/burritos buffet

Friday: Little Caesars $5 Pizza (possibly dinner for mom's birthday)

Saturday: Trying for Date Night again!!

Sunday: Meatloaf (not sure of side items yet)

Visit Organized Junkie for other menu plans.

Grilled Chicken Club Ring

2 packages Crescent Roll Dough - (8 oz. each)
3 cup Chicken Breast – cubed & cooked
6 slices Bacon, cooked crispy - crumbled
1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 cup Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 medium Roma Tomatoes

Preheat oven to 375F.

In a large bowl, mix chicken, bacon, 3/4 cup of the cheese, mayonnaise, dijon and mix well. Set aside.

Open and unroll crescent roll dough, and separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking stone (or a greased pizza pan if you do not have a baking stone) with the wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points hanging over outside edge, leaving at least a 5-6 inch clear circle in the center of the stone (pan).

Spoon chicken mixture evenly onto dough, onto the wide ends of the triangles. Place tomato slices around the top of the chicken mixture.

Wrap pointed ends of dough around chicken mixture, and tuck under the wide ends of the dough, forming a closed ring with slits around the outside edge, where filling shows through in places.

Lightly brush the top of the crescents with olive oil. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

5 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

Great menu....

Kandi said...

okay, you are WAY more organized than me...lessons please...lol.

The breakfast casserole sounds great! I think we'll try it tomorrow!

mom_of2boys said...

I usually try to find recipes or meals that use the ingredients that I have on hand. The items I have usually run with the sales at Kroger and/or Meijer. Chicken must have been on sale a while back. I tried to mix it up a bit by using it different ways.

I learned that a menu plan was necessary when #2 was born and #1 had already started sports. It was crazy! This helps a LOT!

Sonshine said...

Great menu! That chicken club ring sounds yummy! I have done a ring before but my filling was chicken pie filling. : )

I'll agree with you that a menu plan is necessary it definitely eases stress and incessent question by many on what is to eat!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week!

Proud Mommy said...

Oh my goodness...I have already added your breakfast casserole to my recipe book and am making the chicken ring tonight...in place of ribs, but it just sounds so yummy!!!! Thanks so much. Love your site and I am adding you to my roll......blogroll that is!!!