Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - Paint


If there’s one thing I don’t like about metal, it’s got to be the way it rusts. I used to throw things out once they were rusted, even after many attempts with CLR. I found, with CLR, that I would have to let it sit and didn’t want to chance the kids or cats getting into it. Plus, it would eat away the metal on some objects. Well, that’s all changed now. Now I use Rust-oleum Appliance Epoxy to cover the rust. I put it to the test on my son’s Pittsburgh Steelers trash can. It was starting to rust on the bottom and inside. With new carpet in the house, I had to do something. So, I went to Lowe’s to look for spray paint…and found Appliance Epoxy. It worked! I coated the bottom as well as the inside with it. It’s got a nice thick (but not too thick) coat on it now. Since I had quite a bit left, I went a search for more rust…the my son's bike - rusted from being left outside. I painted the bars that were rusty and it looks great.

Before you throw out your next rusted item, try Appliance Epoxy. It works for me and might work for you too!

To see what works for other's, visit Rocks In My Dryer's Works for Me Wednesday.

No comments: