Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Talk About/Tackle It Tuesday - Apples



On Sunday, the boys went 4-wheeler riding. It’s been a couple months since we’ve been able to find the time. For me, it was great to get all the walking, jogging and hills into my workout. Yes, it’s a workout chasing two “adventurous” boys on 4-wheelers. As we were leaving, I noticed that there were quite a bit of apples on the four apple trees. I decided to pick a bag full to bring home to make Applesauce. I’ve never made applesauce so I’m excited to see how it turns out and share it with the family…especially the ones I picked the apples from. After I started the crockpot this morning, I found that I could possibly make Apple Butter too. My fiancé says it’s harder than I think so I might just have to show him “I can do it!” The only problem – I might be busy over the next few weeks making and freezing this stuff for the whole family. There were lots of apples left!

Now that I have shared my story and tackle, go see what others are Talking About and Tackling!

UPDATE: I finished the applesauce. It's rather sweet. I don't think my kids will eat it. How can I tone down the sweetness? Or does someone have another applesauce recipe they'd be willing to share?

4 comments:

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

Oh my goodness that sounds awesome! And sounds pretty simple too, I might have to try it the way my 4 go through applesauce ;-)Great job on working in the work out, looks like a good time!

Honey Mommy said...

I made applesauce last year! I just followed the recipe in my "Ball Blue Book of Canning". It was yummy.

Mrs. O said...

It looks delicious! What if you made another batch with some tart apples like Granny Smiths and then combined them? That might help offset the sweetness factor.

Anonymous said...

How about using them in muffins or something.