Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Talk About Tuesday - Electric Scooter

I’ve decided to try to squeeze in some extra exercise this week while my fiancé is out of town working. To do that, I decided we would walk to get my older son from school. Sound easy, huh? Not really. My younger son rides his bike and my older son hates to walk the .8 mile from the school to the house.

On Monday, I decided that I would ride my older son’s bike to the school and let him ride it home. I don’t mind walking. Bad idea! Fifteen minutes before we were going to leave I got the bike out and the chain was off. I spent fifteen minutes trying to fix it – no luck. We walked while the younger one rode his bike. We did decide on a better solution the electric scooter. So, we charged it.

Today, we waited a little later to leave since we were going to be able to zip that .8 miles to the school. Nope! I didn’t know how to get the electric scooter to go. I guess I should have asked but I’m mom and I’m supposed to know, right? We got to the school and my son wanted to know where his scooter was…my reply, “In the garage, it’s broke!” We walked again while the younger one rode his bike.

When we got home, I decided to have my 8 year old show me how to work the scooter (like above). He didn't have teh seat on it. Let’s just say I know why you should always wear a helmet (and full body gear in my case). He gave me a quick lesson and off I went. But how do I stop?!? Wow – I was all confused. I finally, after a couple mishaps, got the hang of it and it is pretty slick! I might have to use this to go get my extra papers on Sunday morning or a quick run to the bank.

To see what others are talking about, visit Lazy Organizer's Talk About Tuesday.

No comments: