Monday, October 6, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 10/6/2008

Wow! Another crazy week around here but we did eat from our menu 5 of the 8 days. We ended up not going out for date night. The garage sale completely drained me…I lounged on the couch instead. With that being said, I didn’t feel like cooking last night either so my fiancĂ© made chili (spicy too!).

This week I’ll be trying a few new recipes. I really haven’t been able to spend too much time on the internet over the past two weeks but I’m hoping that this week I can take some time to find new recipes.

Here’s my plan for this week…

Sunday: Chili

Sunday dessert (our dessert night): pumpkin ice cream

Monday: Leftover chili

Tuesday: Meatloaf (Ground beef, sausage and cheese – not your normal meatloaf), Mashed Potatoes, Corn

Wednesday: Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan (Ragu website) over angel hair pasta

Thursday: Chili Enchiladas (using Hormel Chili)

Friday: Sausage & Peppers Ziti Marinara, breadsticks, salad

Saturday: Date night – Parents Night Out!

Sunday: Alice Springs Chicken Outback Copycat, Sweet Potato Casserole, Pineapples

- I linked to the copycat recipe that I could find; however, my brother (former kitchen manager for Outback) will help out with this one.

Visit Organized Junkie for other menu plans.

2 comments:

Proud Mommy said...

Yummy!! I love seeing what other people are making. It gets me out of my idea rut. Watch for Alice Springs Chicken to show up on one of my future MPM's!!!

mom_of2boys said...

It's my favorite at Outback but hate to the pay the ridiculously high prices for it (now that my brother isn't working there). We'll see how it turns out.