Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - Cabinet Lists

This week for it's the Kitchen Organization Edition of Works for Me Wednesday. My first thought was I have no kitchen organization. We have a small kitchen - limited storage and limited counter space. But then I remembered my tackle to the can good cabinet. I did some organizing in there placing the canned veggies together, the canned fruit, the dressings, soups…you get the point. Not only that but I made a list of everything that was in the cabinet and the quantity. I made a list in Excel with the name of the product and the quantity. I left a few extra lines for handwritten items and enough room to change the quantity. It hangs on the inside of the cabinet door (took the picture after the tackle before the list was posted). I have to tell you this has made meal planning and grocery shopping easier. I know what I have on hand. I saved the list to my computer and updated every week or so that way things do get to messy.

Check out Rocks In My Dryer for other helpful Kitchen Organization posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea to use your computer to track your supply; I tend to lose all the scraps of paper around here. Blessings, Whitney

Mozi Esme said...

Great idea. I've been wanting to make myself a "must have" list of staples that I keep updated so I know when I need to buy more, but I haven't gotten around to it.