Monday, February 11, 2008

Weighing In

Today is the true start of my diet. Actually, let's call it a lifestyle change. I don't particularly like the word diet. I will document everything I eat and all the exercise I can squeeze it. My plan is to eat better, exercise more and lose more weight as the weeks go by...

Last Monday, I started the prep week. I didn't want to drive right into a major lifestyle change. So, I took it slow. I didn't keep track of what I ate but I did eat better than I had been. I worked out three nights at the local gym...which really made me feel good when I was done. My downfall this week wasn't chocolate or coffee - it was alcohol. I had some drinks with friends on Friday night and then we had a few yesterday. It wasn't anything major; however, it needs to be cut out or better drink choices need to be made.

Now, I did get on the scale this morning to see how the week went. I was pretty good being that I lost 3 lbs! However, my khakis were tight on my thighs this morning. I hate tight clothes. I think I would have rather had the 3 lbs back than clothes that are tight.

My plan for this week is to workout at least four days for an hour each, make better choices in my food selection during the week, and improve my weekend choices all together. Well, see how it goes - I'll keep you posted.

No comments: