Saturday, February 2, 2008

How many times can you shop at CVS and Walgreen's in a week?

Over the past month, I have really gotten into shopping at CVS and Walgreen's. I work 30 miles from home and drive past 3 CVS stores everyday. I've never noticed these stores until I read other blogs and people were saving so much money and/or making so much money off their purchases. That's when it really hit me. I can do this too!! My first couple transactions were so-so...but this week was pretty awesome!

It started on Sunday...
First transaction
2 - Robitussin $6.00 each
2 - Advil PM $4.00 each

Used $4/$20, $2/$10 CVS coupons
2- $2 coupons for Advil PM
2 - $3 coupons for Robitussin
$4 ECB

Total OOP = $.70

Second transaction
2 - Playskool Wipes
1 - Stayfree Clean Ultra Liners
1 - Arm & Hammer Toothpaste
1 - Handy Snack - Cheese and crackers
2 - Hershey candy bars

Used $2/$10 CVS coupon
1 - $.75 Stayfree coupon
2 - $1 Playskool Wipes coupons
1 - $1 Arm & Hammer toothpaste coupon
$6 ECB

Total OOP = $.50

From that day on, it was nothing but more savings and rebates. We are pretty well stocked on our health & beauty products now. I even stopped yesterday to pick up the Ice Mountain water they had on sale...got it for free!! I ended the week with $50 in ECB's!!



To end the week, I went to Walgreen's to get Valentine bags for the kids Valentine's. Unfortunately, they didn't have the bags I needed but they Huggies Shea Butter Body Wash clearanced. I love this stuff! I use it on the little one and myself! So, how much was it??? Drum roll please...$.39 a bottle! So I picked up all they had - 8 bottles. Also, on the clearance cart was KY Touch Massage, why not pick it up for the fiance's Valentine gift?!? It was only $1.19. I walked out of Walgreen's paying $4.61...probably what I would have paid for one or two bottles of the Huggies Body Wash.

Check out all the other great savings at Super Savings Saturday over at Money Saving Mom! If you're new to CVS and Walgreen's, check out her CVS 101 and Walgreen 101. You'll be glad that you did...and so will your wallet!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

what a deal on the Huggies body wash!