Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Recipe: Banana Bread

I made Banana Bread!! I LOVE Banana Bread! Those that know me, know that I like just about anything that's banana...right down to banana flavored Laffy Taffy! I'll even share the recipe that I used.



Banana Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Sift those ingredients together in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine:
3/4 cup melted butter (sometimes I use less)
2 cups of sugar (sometimes I use less of this too)

Mix until smooth. Then add (to your wet ingredients)
4 beaten eggs
2 cups mashed overripe bananas (I ALWAYS use more)
2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
1 cup walnuts, optional (can add them to the top too)

Then mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans (9x5 work well). Bake for 35 minutes - 1 hour (depends on the size of your loaf pan). You can even use the mini muffin or regular muffin pans.

Remove from oven and let cool (or be like me and sneak a piece as soon as you set it down).

Note: The optional items were not added to this batch...it just depends on my mood! I've been pretty busy today working from home, caring for a sick child and cleaning the house so I wasn't digging in cabinets to find stuff.

No comments: