Sunday, February 24, 2008

Super Savings Saturday

I'm a day late posting but I wanted to share the deals that I picked up this week. In our neighborhood, we have two Walgreen stores. I visited both of them to pick up Jane make-up and a few other items.

This is the first trip and the worst of the three. The cashier was didn't take off two of my $2 Jane coupons. I had even questioned the amount and she checked the coupons. After paying and reviewing my receipt, I asked for my coupons back. We counted them and since the Jane items were free they couldn't give me my money back.

My total on this purchase was $7.53


This is the purchase from our other Walgreen's store was only $.11!!


One more stop at Walgreen's (the same as the first trip) for this $.59 purchase. There was a pack of gum that was purchased too but my son wouldn't give it up long enough for me to get a picture.


And to think this make up will be on sale again at Walgreen's the week of March 9!! I'm excited and so will my someday-to-be daughter-in-laws and nieces when they get their Easter baskets!

I did make one trip to CVS this week mainly for the Huggies deal. I'm hoping this will be the last time I have to purchase any form of pull ups!

This order was $14.14 oop and earned $21 ECB!


On top of all that shopping, Sunday was the day that I did our grocery shopping at Kroger. Since the beginning of the year, I have been trying to do grocery shopping every other week to go along with my pay days. I'm slowly getting it down, if I could remember the extra loaf of bread and the gallon of milk versus the half gallon. I'm also getting the total down too. I was spending more than $100 every week at the grocery. I have our total down to $100 every other week!! That's $50 a week to feed two growing boys, a hardworking man and myself!! It may not be the best but I am proud of it!!

1 comment:

Southerner said...

I am adding my printer ink to grocery budget- those Jane coupons are a killer!