Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday - 2/18/09

I was able to drop the 1.4 lbs that I put on last week but that's it.

When I look back over the month and a half that I've been on this weight loss journey, I compare it to other years that I dieted. I wonder what's going on - why can't I get this weight off. What am I not doing now that I did back then? The year that we went to the spring Bristol race (end of March) I was down 32 lbs (in 3 months). I was close to my goal weight. At the rate that I'm going, I'll be just the opposite - gain 32 lbs in 3 months. What I am not doing is exercising which is the key to weight loss. With that said, I have decided to "schedule" my workouts. If I find extra time outside my daily routine to squeeze a few minutes of exercise, then I will do that too but I will be scheduling at least 30 - 60 minutes a day.

While I was recovering from my tooth being pulled, I decided to pull out some old pictures thinking it would help me get on the right track to getting this weight off. It's definitely helped me to think about what I'm eating because I don't want to go back to where I was before kids. I'd like to get where I was before son #2.

Here's the pics I found (yes, they've been cropped).

1 year before kids (1998)


1 1/2 years after son #1 (2001)


Before son #2 (2003)

The first picture was at my highest weight 235 lbs then the last pictures is the smallest I had been (probably since Jr. High) at 120 lbs.

My goal this week is to make sure the 30-60 minutes of exercise gets done daily. I'd like to drop 2 lbs but my focus this week is going to more on getting the exercise in each day. I will continue to watch my calories, portion control and sweets.

How are you doing on your weight loss/fitness goals? Did you make a resolution/goal for 2009 to lose weight? What are you doing to lose the weight?

Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date 0

No comments: