Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February Challenge: Save Change

Photo by BrieMarie

I'm a couple days late with my February Challenge. When I started this blog, I joined in on a save change challenge. For one month, save all your pennies, nickels, and dimes (I save quarters too). At the end of the month, you will make a purchase with the change. The purchase should be something that's going to save you money by lowering your electric, water or heating bill.

For those that don't already know, I'm a change saver most of the time. I make all my purchases with cash and usually don't dig to the bottom of my purse for change. When I do, it's usually to empty out the loads of change. My goal is to save enough to purchase a water heater blanket (would like a tankless water heater - maybe when we buy a new home), Energy Smart light bulbs and/or new shower head (the ones that use less water).

We've actually done a lot to the house to make it more energy efficient: ceiling fans in all rooms, programmable thermostat, newer windows, dimmer switches on several light switches, and power strips being used (shut off when not in use or gone for long periods of time).


Want to join in? Just leave me a comment and let me know what you hope to be able to purchase.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I just cashed in change over the weekend.
Had $44 dollars.
I bought food for our house with it.
Times were tight.
I am now saving back up again.

Kandi said...

I would like to buy some different types of energy bulbs. We have the "normal" ones for most of our lamps, but we have a couple of overhead lights that I would like to buy bulbs for.

Oh, and I recommend a rain drop shower head...we replaced ours right after moving and it's wonderful!!!!