Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Talking About and Tackling Tuesday - Updating the Family Room



With being out of work, I get bored really easy. I’ve tackled just about every room in the house and even had a garage sale to make a little money off the junk. We cleared out a ton of toys. It left us with a family room that we could actually us. There was a problem – it was ugly and uninviting. I got the idea that I would update it as we did the rest of the house. My fiancé was out of town so I had to do it on my own. He didn’t know what he was in for when he left me with paint brushes and rollers…LOL. I didn’t pick up the paint until Monday after he headed out of town.

When we converted ¾ of the garage to a family room, we added numerous outlets, stomped the ceiling and put down new carpet. The paint was dull and lifeless. The walls remained bare.

Now we have a warm and inviting space in Milk Chocolate (hum, wonder what I was craving?!?). There's also a trim border going around the room that tops it all off. I removed more clutter from the room, cleaned the carpet and rearranged a few things. My treadmill ruled the room. It’s now out of the way when it’s not in use. We have room for a couch now. Since we moved our ventless fireplace out and into the living room, I need to find a wood entertainment center that has a top shelf to it and some storage. Then the room will be complete and ready for the Wii on Christmas morning!

To visit other’s Home Tour on Talk About Tuesday, visit the Lazy Organizer. To see what others are Tackling, visit 5 Minutes For Mom.

13 comments:

Frugal Finds said...

I love the new color!!!

The Buntens said...

The color is awesome!

Susie said...

Beautiful tackle!!!

Kristy said...

Great color!

Anonymous said...

Love that color!

DeuceMom said...

That's a great color! Good tackle!

Momof3 said...

Looks great! love the color!

Meg Munson said...

Great tackle and I love the color! My husband gets nervous when I mention painting because he never knows what project or color he will come home too LOL!

Amydeanne said...

great job and like everyone else said, love the color!

Anonymous said...

It is nice to have that extra space. I tackle a lot of stuff when dh is gone too. But not to much to make him feel left out.

Amy said...

That looks great. I love the color you chose!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

WOW that color is GREAT! It totally gives the room flavor! lol Good luck on getting it all finished up, I bet it will be a great room!

mom_of2boys said...

I'm glad everyone likes the color. I was a little nervous painting with such a dark (but warm) color. It definitely made the space look better!