Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Shopping Trips - Week of 11/16/2008

No big grocery trip for me this week. I did make a run to Meijer at the start of the week for some more steamers and salad dressing (or health kick we started). I picked up a few other things while I was there. I made a stop at Walgreens and CVS as well.

I was so proud of my fiance on Sunday. He had bought some Champion Men's Sweatshirts on Saturday at regular price $16.99. They went on sale for $12.99 on Sunday. I told him to stop by the service desk with his receipt and get the difference back. He looked at me funny. He's not one to do that kind of thing. (Yes Houston, we have a problem but I'm working on it.) When he got home, I asked him about it. He said he got $21.xx back and even used coupons to pick up some soup. I was SOOOOO proud! He was shocked at the amount of money he got back - almost enough to buy 2 more sweatshirts! So, be sure to keep your receipts and watch for the item to go on sale the following week or 2 weeks for some stores.

Meijer
We really didn't need the toilet paper but for $2.14 for a 6 mega roll package (on sale for $3.14 used $1.00 Meijer Mealbox coupon) - it wasn't a bad deal. We already had a pretty big stockpile from a few weeks back. Total OOP: $14.41 - - saved 71% plus I'll get $2.98 back on the Try Me Hillshire Farms Hearty Slices rebate.

CVS
I did the battery deal once for myself and twice for my mother. She used to be a coupon clipper but hasn't done it since I was a youngin'. She didn't coupon anywhere near the way I do. She was really impressed that she could get all the batteries in the second pictures for $7.04.

Transaction 1:
I had 2 - $.75 cent coupons for the Skippy and 3 - $.75 cent coupons for the batteries.
Total OOP: $6.72 -- received $15 ECB

Transaction 2 & 3:
These transactions were done back to back. I used the ECBs from transaction 1 into transaction 2 with 3 - $.75 coupons. One of the packages had a $.50 coupon on it and the cashier took that off too. Then I rolled the ECB from transaction 2 into transaction 3 with 3 - $.75 coupons.
Total OOP: $7.04 -- received $15 ECB for each transaction

Walgreens
Transaction 1:
We are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner at our house the day after Thanksgiving so I picked a few 2-liters. I used a $.60 and $.40 coupon on the Skippy. Yes - more peanut butter (my son takes it for lunch everyday). I had a coupon for the 2-liters that I got from CVS - Buy 4 save $1...I used the Walgreens in-ad coupon to get one free when I bought 4. The string cheese was for the kiddo - it was cheaper than what he really wanted! =)
Total OOP: $8.44

Transaction 2:
I read over at Coupon Cravings about a deal on the Hershey's Special Dark but it didn't work for me. I tried! I handed the lady my manufacturer's coupons first and she pulled out her ad to scan the in-ad candy bar coupon. I was still able to get 6 candy bars for $1.17.Total OOP: $5.95 -- I'll get $2.20 Easy Saver rebate back on the Scotch tape (10% bonus for putting in on my Walgreens gift card).


This week's totals:
Total before coupons/sales: $146.48
Total OOP (minus mom's batteries - she paid me for them): $35.52
Rebate amount: $5.15
Total Savings = 79%!!

No comments: