Friday, November 21, 2008

Fat Ticker Friday - 11/21/2008


It’s that time again…time to step on the scale.This week I am down 3 pounds!!It’s been a busy week so I’m pretty surprised.I was able to get in a couple workouts on Monday – 34 minutes/2.75 miles on the elliptical, week 2 –workout 1 of the Couch to 5K, and strength training.After Monday, the workout vanished…didn’t happen around here. I had training on Tuesday and my fiancé left to go out of town on Wednesday morning.We didn’t have as much warning on this trip so I had to run a few extra errands than usual.

I had a little bit of a challenge going on at the beginning of the week too. My fiancé decided he was going to try to drop a few pounds. I didn’t want to be out done by him so I changed a few of my eating habits (I actually ate breakfast) and made sure to drink lots of water. I guess it paid off.

The biggest challenge I faced this week was the training session I had on Tuesday night. It was at The Cheesecake Factory. As soon as the food came, I asked for a box to box up half of my meal (and I avoided the pre-dinner bread). But, I had a piece of Pumpkin Cheesecake. I thought this was the mock interview session of my training so I went along with the dessert and everything then found out the mock interview is next week. Oh well, the cheesecake was good and I was able to drop 3 pounds this week. I've asked that the mock interview not be over lunch...see your job could make you fat.

My goals for this week:
3 - 30 minute workouts (I'm going to try to make the 2 hour Burn the Bird Workout on Saturday.)
Limit myself to 1 piece of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving (attending 2 dinners and hosting 1)
Lose 2 pounds

To see how others are doing on their weight loss, visit Baby Tea Leaves' Fat Ticker Friday.

2 comments:

Honey Mommy said...

Wow! Great job this week!
That was smart to box up half your lunch... they serve way to much at restaurants anyway!

I hope next week to lose at least a pound... I need to avoid the pie too!

Christie O. said...

what a great idea!! their portions are so huge, you can totally get two (maybe three!) meals out of it! congrats on the loss!!!